You’ve decided make the commitment to become a Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) and joined the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (ACFE) as an Associate member. Now, it's time to prepare for the CFE Exam.
There are four options available to study for the exam: The Fraud Examiners Manual and the Corporate Fraud Handbook, the CFE Exam Prep Course, the CFE Exam Prep Toolkit and the CFE Exam Review Course.
Option 1 - The Fraud Examiners Manual and the Corporate Fraud Handbook
The answer to every question on the CFE Exam can be found in either the Fraud Examiners Manual or the Corporate Fraud Handbook.
Option 2 - The CFE Exam Prep Course
The CFE Exam Prep Course is a computer self-study option that allows you to study at your own pace.
Features of the Course Include:
- 1,500 study questions similar to those provided on the CFE Exam
- Timed simulated practice exams
- Increased navigability of content by subject
- Enhanced review of results and progress by exam section and sub-section
- Helpful checklist for obtaining the CFE credential
- 2010 Fraud Examiners Manual PDF
- Money-Back Pass Guarantee: Without the CFE Exam Prep Course, fewer than one in five candidates pass all sections of the Examination on the first attempt. We are so confident of the CFE Exam Prep Course's ability to prepare you for the CFE Examination that the ACFE guarantees you will pass on your first attempt or we will refund your money or let you retake sections of the CFE Exam at no charge.
Option 3 - The CFE Exam Prep Toolkit
This option includes the CFE Exam Prep Course but also includes the additional study tools below.
Corporate Fraud Handbook, Second Edition: Explore the three main categories of occupational fraud and abuse: asset misappropriation, corruption and fraudulent statements. The book then explains, identifies and classifies thirteen common fraud schemes.
Encyclopedia of Fraud, Third Edition CD-ROM: Written for practitioners, academics and anyone with an interest in fraud, the Encyclopedia of Fraud provides the user with easy access to the ACFE’s vast body of fraud knowledge.
2010 Printed Fraud Examiners Manual, US Edition: The premier reference guide for CFE’s and other anti-fraud professionals. This 2,000-page guide is divided into four sections including: Financial Transactions & Fraud Schemes, Investigation, Law and Fraud Prevention and Deterrence. 85% of the CFE Exam is based on information found in the Fraud Examiners Manual.
Option 4 - The CFE Exam Review Course
This is a 3½ day, instructor-led live course that provides the essentials needed to pass the CFE Exam. The course also includes a copy of the CFE Exam Prep Course. CFE Exam Review Courses are offered several times per year in different cities across the US.
For a schedule of upcoming CFE Exam Review Courses click here.
Each option will prepare you for the CFE Exam. It's up to you to decide which option is best for you.